Pokemon Red: Rock Tunnel Pokemon Red: Rock Tunnel

Hilarious. I thought the voice acting was pretty good, and the comic timing was great. Only complaint was the volume levels, felt that the music was a little too loud at the beginning, other than that, awesome.

Oh and the Zubat's biting Red is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

TerminalMontage responds:

Heh thanks!

Mr. Bones Animation Mr. Bones Animation

Ok, it's not bad. But what are you using to animate with, paint or something? It'd be better to try something like 'Pencil' (Google pencil animation software) to practice (it's free).

Also, try storyboarding or planning with notes, you may find a lot of ideas could come to you like this and it really helps when coming to animating it. It seemed to me like the extra hands growing were made up as you went along.

On the lip sync, it was obvious that you really put some effort into it, and shows that you have the potential to animate, you just need more practice is all. If you have problem with complex animation at first, try and do simple ones or if speaking or something is a problem (which it doesn't look like it would be), try doing a silent film. The planning is a lot different.

I haven't put any animation on here myself, but I swear my first animation(s) was a million times worse than this. If you need help with animation, there's some great tutorials on the site which you should help a little. Also, where it comes to the voice, if you can't do one or your friends can't maybe look for one on the site in the forums. Remember though, people would normally only want to help do voice acting if the animation is good. (If you really do want a voice and no-one can help, PM me and I can do one for you)

(I will criticize one thing though, the looping for me got a tad annoying, that's only because I was listening to it on repeat while I was writing this)

Keep going! Oh and thanks if you read this whole thing.

ChrisSmithVideosTV responds:

I used ms paint and windows movie maker; at that time I had Windows XP as my OS, now I have Windows 7, and it's been almost 2 years since I looked at my newgrounds page. I'm busy on other things now, but yeah I know Flash would've looked better. I like the simplicity of using paint to draw and animating with movie maker. I stopped because I didn't know what to do and I'm a school kid, I'm a sophomore in High School and I live out in the middle of nowhere. Thank you for advice, but sooner or later I will start back up on my animation. I do however wish to become sort of an actor, voice actor, and filmmaker, and the 2 years that have passed I have also been working on my filmaking. I will also do narrating for "Let's Plays" and game reviews. I can't use Pencil, I've tried it, it doesn't work for me, simply because I don't understand it, not that I don't understand how to use it. I find animating potentially better the way I do it. Lip synching I learned how to do with my own lips presay, and it worked out great, but thank you anyways! I love hearing from my viewers.

The Sadness of Greg The Sadness of Greg

This is great, especially for a first animation. It looks well thought out and planned. The animation is nice, showing some real potential and it looks like you will probably make some awesome things in the future.